Success is in your hand!

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

What's your New Year's Resolution?

We are entering towards the last few weeks of the year, probably you have started thinking about your new year's resolution and how you are going to be better in the new year. But, chances are that you would probably end up the same like any previous year.  


Every year, you stopped at just having the thought but without any actual actions. Then, time flies by in the blink of an eye and turn that into a vicious cycle. You aged year by year and as you get older, you start to stay in your comfort zone and too afraid to try anything new or even to take the leap of faith. 

But deep down, you know you have to make a change. So here's how!


Decide to do something different!
How bad do you want it? You may have heard about this a lot but nothing can really happen until you actually make the decision. You have to decide what you really want and what you are willing to sacrifice to exchange for it. Tell yourself, "I will do whatever it takes to get me there!". 



Set Goals!  
Imagine how a runner can win a race without knowing where the end point is? It's like kicking football penalty without a goal post, shooting basketball without a hoop or even driving without a destination! How horrible would you be feeling? And set a SMART goal, make sure it is specific, measurable, attainable, relevant and time-bound. 



Make Plans!
Many people just start right away without a plan, which is also why they failed halfway through. Yes you may have your eyes on the prize/goal/destination, but without knowing what actually you need to do is not going to get you there. It's just like in order to get you to your destination, how much petrol you need to pump into your car, how much money you need to prepare for the toll, what are the directions and most importantly, can you arrive on time? Make a thorough plan!



Take Action!
3....2....1... Action! Life is pretty much like a movie where you are your own main actor/actress, as well as the director, except that there is no take two in life and you just wasted another day or another year. There is certainly no stuntman to replace you too, you just have to do it all by your own. So, can you be the best actor/best director for your own life movie? You can and you should




And again, this may be just another typical articles that you read which could only sparks for a moment for you. You may find it inspiring, liking the post or even sharing to your friend. But at the end of the day, it is you who is going to change your own life! Take action now!



#YourFinanceDoctor is Licensed Financial Advisor with CFP®! He helps his clients to achieve their financial goals through proper comprehensive financial plan. He also provides unbiased and independent professional financial services including financial plan, investment, insurance, will and trust. Hire #YourFinanceDoctor today

54 comments:

  1. Is time to set a new resolution. I manage complete 2017 resolution and satisfied with my achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2018 is coming , need to set new goals lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. another 10 days to be in 2018..need to set the new/renew goals by today..

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for such motivational post. I think I need to set my goals back

    ReplyDelete
  5. Makin lama hidup, makin banyak pengalaman. My goals lepas ni lebih fokus dan move on. I maafkan semua orang sebab i nak bahagia dan tidak fikir lagi kesilapan lama. So good luck to me and to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha that's good Ruby! the happier you will be!

      Delete
  6. my new year resolution is
    1. getting married again
    2. better career
    3. be slim
    4. zero debits

    Look like same as previous year....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha now you know why it is same as previous year, because you didnt set a SMART goal!

      Delete
  7. goals next year nak kurus dan nak beli laptop guna duit sendiri hihi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha kurus berapa kg and how do you plan to achieve that?

      Delete
  8. wish me good luck for 2018. i still have not achieve the goal i set for 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011. my always goal is to gain weight. but still no result. hahahaa

    ReplyDelete
  9. im hoping for the best in 2018. Since i will left my jon and do something new. wish me the best ya

    ReplyDelete
  10. berharap agar tahun 2018 memberi kelainan kepada diri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. perhaps you can be more specific on how kelainan you want it to be.

      Delete
  11. Good sharing, Kak Sue harap tahun depan lebih baik dari tahun nie dari semua segi..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Kak Sue you need to be more specific, set target, make plan and take action!

      Delete
  12. Alamakkk masih sama juga goals tahun depan hahahha. Nak kurus tapi tak kurus2 juga haha

    yanmieonline.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. be more specific, set target, make plan and take action!

      Delete
  13. Financial goal is my main target next year and expand my business

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what kind of financial goals? how big you want to expand your business?
      be more specific, set target, make plan and take action!

      Delete
  14. How time fliea. Nak masuk tahun baru dah. My target nak menabung dengan lebih konsisten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. for starter, you can do Direct Debit Authorization, so that it will force you to be more consistent. ;)

      Delete
  15. Alright! I will be more committed to my this year new year resolutions. Thanks for the reminder and tips to stay focus.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tick tock tick tock. 2017 is coming to an end. Hmmm must create 2018 resolution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes otherwise very soon 2018 is coming to an end too. ;)

      Delete
  17. this is inspiring! no matter what everyone's goals for 2018, i wish we all can get even better in anything we do. woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes need to set new resolution for 2018...thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  19. very nice tips and detail :) thank you

    ReplyDelete
  20. 2017 passed by too fast! Time to make 2018 resolutions. thanks for the tips

    ReplyDelete
  21. My new year resolution -> control my emotion better, do what I love to do and learn a lot more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha how to define better emotion? lesser marah?
      be more specific, set target, make plan and take action!

      Delete
  22. My new year resolution, I want to travel & travel, make a lot of money & then travel again. Hahahha

    ReplyDelete
  23. My new year resolution is to become financially stable, even I am not working. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  24. My new year resolution? Jog frequently. Which I have started 2 months ago. I work at Mid Valley, stay in Klang. Always get back home at 8pm. I jog from 8:30pm to 9:30pm, at the park behind my house. They are spotlights. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow that's very good! i hope you can keep it up and achieve it by year end!

      Delete
  25. Thank you fo sharing.
    Wish me luck for 2018.
    2018, please be awesome to me 😉

    ReplyDelete
  26. I achieved so many things this year, and I hope next year I wanna be a billionaire. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  27. My new year resolution is the same resolution for the past 5 years 😂 i need to step up my game to achieve it, i guess.

    ReplyDelete
  28. My wish every year is to be a new me, a better me. Hopefully, 2018 will be better for me to achieve more dreams, goals and aspirations.

    Happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  29. Have to set new resolution this 2018. InsyaAllah more and morw good things are coming 😄

    ReplyDelete
  30. My 2018 resolutions are.......but i wish i'll be more success women

    ReplyDelete
  31. Mine..to keep focus on what I'm doing now....
    More money to travel..hahahh

    ReplyDelete
  32. Smart tips..I wish that I can do the best in year 2018 ..and be a good mom & wife..huhuhu

    ReplyDelete
  33. hai
    nice know you ^.^
    Hope our new resolution success
    Happy new year

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment! Thank you!

Henry Tan - Your Finance Doctor © 2014. All Rights Reserved | Powered By Blogger | Blogger Templates | Designed by-Dapinder

UA-40859242-2